Thursday, February 14, 2013

Ashes to Go




This is the Rev. Sare Anuszkiewicz and I out in front of the church yesterday during our Ashes to Go.

We had 70 people drive in for ashes.  A few were our own parishioners who couldn't make it to church but more than 60 were people who weren't a part of St. Paul's.  We prayed with them, imposed ashes and gave them our Lent brochure and some prayers they could say at home.

My favorite story was the mother who pulled in with her teenage daughter, then about an hour later came back with her 4 or 5 year old.  They had gotten home and the little girl was upset that she didn't have ashes too. 

I think next year we will add morning hours as well - one of the things I learned is that I need a couple of people to help direct traffic, greet people and hand out the prayers.  So look for your chance to help next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment