Monday, November 9, 2009

Sesame Street


I don't know if you heard, but Sesame Street is turning 40 this year. I watched Sesame Street, pardon the expression, religiously when I was little.

It's amazing how the things that we watch and listen to as children come with us through our lives. I remember my friends and I in college making big bowls of popcorn and sitting down to watch Sesame Street when we need to relax and feel comfortable.

When I was home sick last week, I stumbled on an episode of Sesame Street and suddenly I was a little girl again coming home from kindergarten and having oreos and milk in front of the t.v. before going out to play.

What is it for you that takes you back to that feeling of being safe and protected and that all is right with the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment