Thursday, January 22, 2015

Bible Challenge: Job part 2

In the second half of the book of Job, God enters the discussion. God's point is that who do you think you are, you little human. I don't remember seeing you around when I  created the world.  What is it exactly that you think you know about me and how the world I made works?

From Chapters 38 to 41 we get the Lord God demonstrating exactly how much Job doesn't know.  God asks Job a series of questions that demonstrate exactly how small Job is and exactly how big God is.

The very end of the book is Job answering the Lord by basically saying, sorry, Lord, I didn't know what I was talking about.

We then end with a paragraph about God blessing Job.

All in all Job is not a very satisfying book.  There are no real answers to the problem of suffering and no real answer to the relationship between God and humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment